Key Lime Pie with a stroopwafel pie crust
For a 9" pie you need:
No Bake Stroopwafel Pie Crust from DWC (Dutch Waffle Company)
1 pouch No Bake Stroopwafel Pie Crust regular or gluten free from Dutch Waffle Company, which you can buy at your nearest supermarket and online through www.dutchwafflecompany.us
Mix half (8oz) of the pouch with Stroopwafel crumbs with melted butter as directed on the packaging and put aside.
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 6-8 limes)
- 2 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Clean limes and grate them and put aside
- Press juice out of limes
- Turn oven on 350 F
- Mix all fillings well and pour into pie crust (keep some grated lime for decoration).
- Bake the key lime pie for 15 min., until the filling is almost set; it should wobble a bit. Let cool at room temperature for 30 min. Then place in refrigerator to chill thoroughly about 3 hours.
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 8-10 thin lime slices
Beat heavy cream until soft peaks from. Add sugar and beat until medium peaks form. Top the pie with the whipped cream. Decorate with lime zest and lime slices. Store refrigerated until served.
For more recipes look on the website www.dutchwafflecompany.us !